Health Organizations and Associations
- Alzheimer's Association - leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support, and research
- American Academy of Pediatrics - dedicated to the health of all children - included a link to help you "Find a Pediatrician"
- American Cancer Society - committed to fighting cancer through balanced programs of research, education, patient service, advocacy, and rehabilitation
- American Dental Association - official website - includes link to help you "Find a Dentist"
- American Diabetes Association - nation's leading 501(C)3 nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy
- American Heart Association - national voluntary health agency whose mission is: "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke."
- American Optometric Association - official website offering quality information about eye care - includes link to help you "Find an Optometrist"
- American Red Cross - national website for our nation's premier emergency response organization
- American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter- website for the local chapter, includes events, services, volunteer information, and more
- American Stroke Association - offers a wide array of programs, products and services, from patient education materials to scientific statements
- C.H.A.D.D.--Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - nation's leading non-profit organization serving individuals with AD/HD and their families
- Florida Dental Association - official website - includes link to help you "Find a Dentist" in Florida
- Florida Department of Health - locate resources for community health information, recent health updates, license look ups, and other relevant health information
- Food and Nutrition Service -administers the nutrition assistance programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Hospice of the Florida Suncoast - nation's largest not-for-profit, community-based provider of hospice and palliative care
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services
- National Cancer Institute - Federal Government's principal agency for cancer research and training
- National Eye Institute - eye diseases and disorders, vision eye care resources
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute - provides leadership for a national program in diseases of the heart, blood vessels, lung, and blood; blood resources; and sleep disorders
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases - conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health
- National Institute of Mental Health - largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders and the promotion of mental health
- National Institute on Aging - provides leadership in aging research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs relevant to aging and older people
- National Institutes of Health - primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research.
- National Library of Medicine -
operated by the United States federal government
it is the world's largest medical library.
Extensive collection of online information for the public and health care professionals dealing with clinical care, toxicology and environmental health, and basic research.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - helps people address the challenges of living with MS through our 50 state network of chapters, funds MS research, provides services to people with MS, offers professional education and furthers advocacy efforts
- National Osteoporosis Foundation - nation’s leading voluntary health organization solely dedicated to osteoporosis and bone health
- Suncoast Epilepsy Association, Inc - local, non-profit organization, which is the sole provider of services to individuals with epilepsy in Pinellas and Pasco Counties
- World Health Organization - visit A-Z Health Topic pages with links to WHO projects, initiatives, activities and information on diseases and condition